About Dutton Garage
A car lover’s dream
Dutton Garage was born of a dream.
- A dream that Australia deserved a truly iconic showroom for the best luxury, prestige, exotic and classic cars in the world
- That this showroom should encompass modern classics, sporting classics and historic classics
- That it would need the buying power to purchase any car across the globe and the network to sell to any buyer across the globe
- That it must be managed and run by car experts and motoring enthusiasts rather than salespeople.
It is the realization of this dream that makes Dutton Garage the home of luxury, prestige, exotic and classic cars.
View our showroom in the video here.
Just imagine taking three powerful, respected and acknowledged scions of the luxury, classic and race car markets and creating a dream team.
- The largest Australian luxury car wholesaler with more than 40 buyers nationwide purchasing and selling 13000 cars internationally. With its immense buying power any car anywhere in the world can be bought and priced aggressively for sale.
The Morgan Sachs Group, set up by Gavin Fernandez and George Nakas 17 years ago, are the proud owners of Dutton Garage.
- Adding to this, Dutton Sporting Cars has a lineage that brings over hundred years of classic car expertise. First established in 1911 by Albert Octavius Dutton - the Dutton brand has a legacy of auto racing in Australia that is beyond compare.
- And finally, adding to this a hybrid team of race car enthusiasts, engineers and drivers, headed by Ben Henson. Ben brings 30 years’ experience in race preparation and historic restorations.
Dutton Motorsports has an illustrious history on the race track and a dazzling future as part of Dutton Garage.
These three forces combine to make the Dutton Garage dream team.
But something else helps set them truly apart.
A fitting showroom for car masterpieces
These are no average cars for sale: they represent the very pinnacle of automotive history.
These are dream cars collected from all over the world and displayed in Australia. These are masterpieces available to both international buyers and national car lovers.
As masterpieces, they deserve a gallery rather than a showroom: and this is what they have.
The gallery is open for viewings at 41 Madden Grove, Richmond: come and be awed.
The Dutton Garage showroom is set to become an iconic Melbourne building.
Designed by the world-renowned architect Karl Fender, the building holds the largest array of rare and exotic cars in Australia. But the building itself is a sight to behold.
Just like the car stock it effortlessly combines the best of the old with the startling new.
Fender himself commented that “the key design driver was to demonstrate Dutton Garage’s commitment to, and love of the levels of design quality reflected in the vehicles they sell.”
Here are some of the ways he achieved this:
- The existing industrial roof and floor structures were exposed, with all service runs celebrated, to create a robust backdrop that contrasted with the luxury cars’ graceful profiles
- A sense of theatre was created by the integration of salvaged cast iron fluted columns from Melbourne’s Myer Emporium building
- Windows salvaged from the Old Members Grandstand of the MCG were incorporated
You can read more of Karl Fender’s descriptions of our beautiful showroom here, but it has to be experienced to be truly felt.
And you will not want to miss what we hold inside!
The Dutton family known as the 'the first family of automotive style' are renowned
for their unique presentation of retail buildings and showrooms.
They have created exquisite homes for exotics, automobiles, automobile and motorsport art.
Their interior design of this amazing building has taken them to even another level.
Jeff, Gay and James have sourced and installed design features to further enhance the Karl Fender creation with a museum likes exhibition providing a welcoming meeting place to peruse in comfort. A fusion of culinary and automotive passion can be discovered within the showroom.
A cafe within a retail showroom was introduced by the Dutton family in 1991 and set the pace throughout Australia.